Monterey Country Wineries
The Monterey County area is home to more than 85 growers and vintners, producing a wide variety of fine wines that are prized by wine connoisseurs and fine restaurants all over the world. From the spectacular Carmel Valley to the stunning Pacific coast, Monterey County offers a virtually endless variety of wineries and wine varietals to choose from.
Monterey Peninsula Wine Events.
As a world-class wine and grape-growing region, Monterey County plays host to several wine related events each year. Visitors from around the country and the world attend theses world-class events, sampling the bounty and variety of Monterey’s famous wineries.
- Winemaker’s Celebration. Held each August the annual Winemaker’s Celebration features the wines of more than 40 wineries, live music, a vintage and large bottle auction, VIP winery tours, winemaker dinners, educational events, and delicious regional cuisine from top area restaurants.
- Great Wine Escape Weekend. This popular wine event is held each November at several venues around Monterey and features interactive seminars, lunches, vintage and appellation tastings, winemaker dinners, a progressive dinner, winery tours and open houses, and cooking demonstrations.
- Monterey Wine Auction & Dinner. This exciting event features gourmet cuisine and fine Monterey County wines, winemaker-hosted tables, and a silent auction where attendees can bid on vintage and rare wines, exclusive spa vacations, golf packages, VIP winery tours, luxury international getaways, winemaker dinners, and more. [Top]
Featured Monterey Wineries.
With more than more than 85 growers and vintners in the area, visiting Monterey’s wineries can be an overwhelming task. Hotel Pacific recommends the following wineries, for a taste of the best Monterey County has to offer.
- Ventana Vineyards. Producing fine wines for 30 years, Ventana Vineyards is the most award-winning single vineyard in America, earning more than 60 awards for their world-class wines that range from Riesling and Chardonnay to Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah. Visit their unique tasting room to sample Ventana’s distinctive blends as well as their classic red and white varietals. Tasting room open daily from 11am-5pm, 11am-6pm, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- A Taste of Monterey. Located on Monterey’s famous Cannery Row, A Taste of Monterey is a unique visitors' center where wine lovers can enjoy a wide range of local wines from over 70 Monterey area wineries. Serving everything from Chardonnay to Zinfandel, and offering fun wine accessories, snacks and gifts, A Taste of Monterey is the perfect attraction for out of town and local wine lovers and also offers private events, team building activities, small parties and wine club parties in their tasting rooms. www.tastemonterey.com
- Château Julien. Established in 1982, Château Julien Wine Estate offers superb wine tasting at its fabulous Carmel Valley location. This 16-acre estate is well-known for its impressive Merlots and is one of the few wineries in the area that offers daily winery tours in addition to wine tasting. The Wine Estate is open daily for wine tasting and tours and visitors are welcome to picnic on the grounds. Tasting room and tours offered Mon- Fri, 8am-5pm;
Sat- Sun 11am-5pm.
- Heller Estate. Heller Estate is situated in the Carmel Mountains overlooking the spectacular Carmel Valley. Producing a wide range of superior wines, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc and Pinot Noir, the Heller Estate uses a dry-farming method for its Cabernet grapes to produce an outstanding fruit, which is the base for their extraordinary wines. In addition to its fabulous wines, the estate also offers a sculpture garden featuring the work of internationally known sculptor, Toby Heller that is open for private events. Visitors can sample Heller Estate wines at their tasting room in Carmel Valley Village. Open Mon-Thu, 11am-5:30pm;Fri-Sun ,11am-6pm. [Top]